Last Updated: August 22, 2018
- We won’t sell your data.
- We won’t spam your email or social networks.
- We’ll be open and transparent as to how we will use your information within NinjaWorks.
Information About You
We use your Personal Information to communicate with you, provide you with our Services, and to help us improve our Services. We collect your name and contact information, and if you subscribe to or purchase fee-bearing Services, we also collect your payment information through third party online payment services.
By using our Services, you indicate your consent for NinjaWorks to send cookies to your computer or other device in order to uniquely identify your browser and improve the quality of our Services. You may turn off cookies in your browser however, in doing so, some or all of our Services may not work.
Your Privacy Choices
- You may review and correct your Personal Information and preferences.
- You may opt-out of marketing and promotional emails from us.
- You may opt-out of phone and postal marketing.
How to Reach Us if You Have a Question
By email to info@NinjaWorks.com.
What Is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, address, telephone number, mobile number or e-mail address, an identification number, location information, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. “Sensitive Personal Information” means racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union members, the processing of genetic, biometric data for purposes of uniquely identifying a natural person, and information concerning an individual’s health, sex life, or sexual orientation. We treat your Personal and Sensitive Personal Information as confidential.
“Other Information” is any information that is not Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information. Personal Information does not include anonymized or “aggregate” information, or publicly available information that has not been combined with Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information.
What Information Do We Collect And When Do We Collect It?
We may collect your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- When you voluntarily provide it to us, such as when you register for an account by creating a username and password (“NinjaWorks Login Credentials”), send us an email or post information or other content to our Site or Service.
- When you choose to sign into or create an NinjaWorks account.
- If you apply for or purchase a Service requiring billing or payment information on our Platform, we require that you provide certain additional Personal Information, including your address, phone number, and credit card number (“Payment Information”). This information is necessary to process your requests and to contact you.
When you utilize the Services, we also receive certain Other Information about you or your use of the Services. Such Other Information may be collected using various technologies, including:
- Logs: We track the data you see in NinjaWorks and how you interact with it by automatically collecting certain information such as, the pages you visit or features you use within the Services, the date and time of your activities on the Services, the URLs from the websites you visit before and after navigating to the Services, your software and hardware attributes (including operating system type and version, App version, device type, and device identifiers, including IDFA and/or Advertising IDs), your browser type and version, and your general geographic location derived through your IP address (e.g., your city, state, or metropolitan region). To obtain such information, we may use web logs or applications that recognize your device and gather information about its online activity. We treat this information as Private Data if we combine it with or link it to any of your Personal Information. Otherwise, it is used in aggregate form only. We use tracking data about users in an aggregated form to inform us about how NinjaWorks is being used to help us provide a better user experience.
- Web beacons: The Services or the emails that you receive from us may use an application known as a “web beacon” (also known as a “clear gif” or “pixel tag”). A web beacon is an electronic file that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information. For example, it allows an email sender to determine whether a user has opened a particular email.
- Local storage: We may collect and store information (including Personal Information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
NinjaWorks keeps Personal Information contained in your cookies and obtained through the other tracking technologies confidential. We do not set any cookies outside of the NinjaWorks.com domain.
We also may partner with certain third parties to collect, analyze, and use some of the Personal and Other information described in this section. For example, we may allow third parties to set cookies or use web beacons on the Services or in email communications from NinjaWorks. This information may be used for a variety of purposes, including analytics and online behavioral advertising.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use your Personal Information and Other Information collected through our Services for the following purposes:
- to provide our Services or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions;
- to display some or all of your Personal Information and Other Information on the NinjaWorks Platform in a manner consistent with the display of such information for other users, other than financial information or any other specific information which we agree to keep confidential upon your submission;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze usage of the Services and trends, and to personalize and improve our Services and our users’ experiences on our Services, such as content, or features that match their profiles or interests, and to increase the functionality and user friendliness of our Services;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our Services;
- to contact you about the Services in which you have expressed interest or that might be of interest to you; and
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
What does NinjaWorks do with your Content?
What Information Do We Share with Third Parties?
NinjaWorks exists to enable Competitors, Gyms and, where applicable, the NNL to post information regarding Events, their statistics and other related information. We do not sell your data. However, we share personal information as follows:
NinjaWorks Platform: In the ordinary course of the NinjaWorks Platform, we display Personal Information regarding individuals at Gyms, Competitors, Events and other related information to the general public.
Requests to other NinjaWorks users (and non-users): Some communications you initiate through NinjaWorks (e.g., an invitation sent to a non-user or a task you assign to another NinjaWorks user) will list your primary email address and name in the header of the message.
With Your Consent : We may share your Personal Information when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
Transfers : We might sell or buy business assets. We may share your Personal Information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of us.
Online Interest-Based Advertising : The Services also enable third-party tracking mechanisms to collect your Other Information for use in online interest-based advertising. For example, third parties may use the fact that you visited our website or used our mobile app to target online ads to you. In addition, our third-party advertising networks might use information about your use of our website or app to help target advertisements based on your online activity in general. For information about interest-based advertising practices, including privacy and confidentiality, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website or the Digital Advertising Alliance website.
Please note that the opt-out will apply only to the specific browser or device from which you opt out, and therefore you will need to opt out separately on all of your browsers and devices. If you delete or reset your cookies or mobile identifiers, change browsers, or use a different device, any opt-out cookie or tool may no longer work and you will have to opt out again.
You may choose to provide us with another person's e-mail address so that person may be invited to create an account on our Service. By providing us with another person's e-mail address, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the person concerned as regards such disclosure to us of that e-mail address. We may disclose such information if required to do so in order to comply with legal process, as described above.
Links to Other Sites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect your Personal Information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
You may withdraw your consent to process your Personal Information at any time. If you do so, you will be unable to use the Services.
You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing us at info@NinjaWorks.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your NinjaWorks account or our ongoing business relations.
Your Rights: Reviewing, Changing or Deleting Your Information
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your account from within the Service itself or by contacting us at info@NinjaWorks.com. By deleting your data in your account, we may deactivate your account. You may request deletion of your data at any time. Your account will be closed after a period of inactivity of six months or such other period of time as we may choose from time to time. You also authorize us, on your behalf, and in accordance with your account preferences to delete information when not reasonably needed for the Services. If you have shared your Content with others and they have not deleted it, or it was copied or stored by other users, NinjaWorks will not be obligated to delete such information.
Retention of Your Information
We retain information for as long as reasonably necessary to deliver our Services to you or to fulfill the purposes described in this Policy. You may delete the Personal Information in your account as described above. Please note that, in limited circumstances, we may retain information for a longer period of time as required by law.
The Services are operated from and hosted on servers located in the United States. Your information may be transferred around the world to countries in which we do business, including to affiliates, service providers or third parties, which may be located in jurisdictions that may not have the same level of data protection laws as those in your home country. By using the Services or by providing any personal information to us, you expressly consent to such transfer and processing.
Lawful Bases for Processing
We will only collect and process Personal Information about you where we have lawful bases. Our lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, such as when you purchase a Premium Service) and our legitimate interests (such as to comply with applicable laws and enable or administer our business).
Information for California Residents
If you are a California resident under 18 years of age and a registered user of our Services, you may request that we remove content and information that you publicly post on our Services. To obtain removal of such content and information, please send us an email at info@NinjaWorks.com with a short description of the content or information you would like to have removed. Please note that such a request does not necessarily ensure complete or comprehensive removal of content posted by you, since the content and information may remain in our databases, may remain visible in a manner that does not identify you, or may have been re-posted by another user.